Sunday, January 3, 2016

Team Beachbody - 3 Day Refresh

I decided to kick off my Team Beachbody program with the 3-Day Refresh.  It is a three day program where you drink four shake mixes a day and fill in with limited fruits and vegetables.  I would say it would be easiest to do over a weekend as you need to eat or drink something on a scheduled basis.  The shakes are tasty but will admit I will be happy to see the fiber shake go away after today.

My first concern was that I would be hungry.  Overall, that has not been the case.  I actually couldn't finish all the food the first day.  I will admit that I was a bit hungry last night but could have had a cup of herbal tea to curb the feeling.  I think the reason I was hungry yesterday is I got in 15,000 steps and an hour of Zumba.

I am now on day three and will be switching over to the 21-Day Fix portion of the program tomorrow.  At that point I will get more of a selection of food and just one shake a day (if I so choose).  While the program suggests eating all meals at home for the three days I have had two meals out (it is new years weekend).  The thing you have to do is go in with a plan and stick to it.  I knew I could have a very simple green salad (no cheese, bread, etc.) and vinegar with a 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil (there are other options).  I packed a small container in my purse just in case but both restaurants had oil and vinegar.  

So I'm guess you are wondering about the results.  Yes, I have lost weight the last couple of days.  I am well aware that some of it may be water weight but have to say I am feeling better already (probably from cutting out the bad food choices from my diet).

As I move forward I am trying to keep the following in mind:



  

No comments:

Post a Comment