Thursday, December 31, 2015

3-Day Refresh - Preparing For Success

After chatting with my Beachbody Coach Kelly I have decided to start my fitness journey with the 3-Day Refresh.  I will actually start the program tomorrow but believe in preparing for it (all about the attitude).

While the program overall is simple (a combination of shakes and clean eating for three days) you really need to prepare for it and not on the first day you start.

Here is what I have done so far:

1. Make sure to understand the program, determine what you will be eating on the program the next day and make a grocery list.  Shop the day before you start so you are fully prepared.

2. Let those around you know what you are planning to do.  Why?  For me, I need my husband to understand that while it is sweet for him to offer to take me to dinner that wouldn't be helpful over the next three days.

3. Clean out the house!  The holidays are wrapping up. Time to take down the tree and put decorations away.  Do the same with the fridge and pantry.  You know there is plenty of stuff that needs to go! 

4. Make the day before somewhat of a practice day.  I started the morning waking up, drinking the required amount of water and had just one cup of coffee.  The program suggests herbal tea and will be switching to that the remainder of the day and going forward.  I just wanted one last good cup of coffee.  While I may not completely on program today I am setting myself to be ready tomorrow.

Speaking of water, the program says you need to drink half your weight in ounces of water. I would suggest preparing for that. Think of how you are going to measure that out and what container you will use.  I decided to fill a big pitcher every day, add some lemon slices and pour from it throughout the day.  I like to have a visual of where I am at.

Well, that's it so far.  Time to go workout measure my beginning fitness levels, get a workout in and make today great!

No comments:

Post a Comment